I’ve gotten some positive feedback on the recipes I posted last week, so it seems like a good idea to start sharing some more! I’ll try to put up a new one every Saturday morning… Let’s call it the “Recipe For The Weekend” series. Or if you prefer, “Recipe For the Win!”
Earlier this week I had a hankerin’ for some healthy crab cakes. I found a few recipes online — here’s my slightly-adapted version. I used a pound of canned Blue Crab that I got at Costco for $14. Delicious!
(Sadly, I forgot to snap a photo. The “crab cake” pictured above is clearly not mine!)
- 1 pound Crab Meat, drained and rinsed (don’t use the imitation stuff; it’s loaded with sugar and fillers)
- ½ cup Fat-Free Greek Yogurt (I like Fage, but any brand will do)
- ½ cup chopped Parsley
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3 slices 100% Whole Wheat Bread, crumbed in the blender or food processor
- 1 Tablespoon Grainy or Smokey Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Hot Sauce (Sriracha or Tabasco will work well), to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil, for frying
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, except the olive oil. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Form into 1? thick patties and fry gently, about 5 minutes on each side, until they’re nicely browned. Since there’s raw egg in there, be sure to cook them thoroughly.
I served them with a blue cheese-horseradish-yogurt sauce, which was tasty, but definitely too overpowering.
If you have a good crab cake sauce recipe, please share in the comments!
Photo by Whipped Bakeshop.