The Breakfast Flowchart

July 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Posted in: Breakfast & Brunch

Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Reader Trisha recently posted on the Eating Rules Facebook Page that she was in some serious need of “weekday breakfast inspiration.” Since breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day, I’m happy to help!  (Well, that’s not the only reason, but it certainly doesn’t hurt.)

There are already hundreds of “10 healthy breakfast ideas” posts out there (yawn), so I figured I’d work up something a little different for y’all — creating the second of an (indefinite) series of “healthy foodie flowcharts.” (What’s that? You missed my Smoothie Flowchart last year?)

Alright, so check it out and let me know what you think:

The Eating Rules Healthier Breakfast Flowchart (1-page PDF, 91kb)

50 Comments on "The Breakfast Flowchart"
    July 30, 2011 at 9:02 pm
    joy says:

Never been here or heard of your blog before – saw this post on apartment therapy’s kitchen site – love this! added you to my list of things to read!

August 3, 2011 at 9:40 am

Thanks, Joy!

July 31, 2011 at 6:10 pm
    eatlovedrink says:

Nice work! What a fun idea…and the food suggestions in the chart are perfect. Color me impressed.

August 3, 2011 at 9:40 am

Thank you! :)

August 1, 2011 at 7:46 am

[...] this breakfast flowchart as a fun guide to healthfully assembling the most important meal of the day. (Eating [...]

August 2, 2011 at 2:57 am

[...] know how to start your day? Use the Breakfast Flowchart courtesy of Eating Rules to decide!  I need to stop reading down every branch like how i used to [...]

August 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm
    Sara says:

This is going up on my fridge. Great work! And it’s fun to read too :)

September 27, 2011 at 9:14 pm

[...] may not be a comprehensive guide with fancy flowcharts and graphs like Camp Blogaway buddy over at Eating Rules puts together, this ought to hopefully give you some ideas and inspiration.  Here are 5 ways to [...]

December 25, 2011 at 6:20 am
    Lissi says:

Loving this one! Good stuff!

January 3, 2012 at 2:31 pm

[...] For today, I wanted to share with you this AWESOME flowchart I stumbled across at EatingRules.com. [...]

January 31, 2012 at 5:06 pm

[...] over at the blog Eating Rules is a whiz at condensing useful info into engaging flow charts. This Breakfast Flow Chart is not only hilarious, but HELPFUL! H&H…my new [...]

February 15, 2012 at 1:53 pm
    Katie says:

Any way to get a bigger version of this? I can’t read the tiny writing and if I save it to my computer it’s completely pixelated.

February 15, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Did you download the PDF? (Or are you talking about the image at the top of the post?)

March 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm
    Amy says:

This is great! One small edit: hazelnuts, not brazil nuts, are actually also known as filberts. :)

March 6, 2012 at 10:28 am
    Demie Stathoplos says:

Lately I’ve needed to cut out the wheat and dairy, so I’ve started sauteing veggies for breakfast, with some black beans or tofu for protein. The precut onions at Whole Foods helps, then I either add shredded cabbage, or some leftover lightly steamed veggies from the night before, with some reheated brown rice and my favorite Annie’s Goddess dressing. Filling and definitely gets me through until lunch.

July 13, 2012 at 6:18 am
    Suz says:

Great job Andrew! It’s fun to read and I’m sure even better to cook off of ;)

April 2, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    Chrissy says:

Breakfast in my house is usually cereal or yogurt/granola for the kids and then my wife and I starring into the fridge whining, “I don’t know what to eat….”
    I am hoping that this chart will revolutionize our mornings. Thank you!